Friday, November 21, 2003

All my bags are packed and I'm ready to go...

So I've been waiting for this for months now and have been counting down the days since 103. Now it's something like 44 hours or so. I'm so excited, scared, enthralled, timid, and giddy all at the same time. Come tomorrow night I know I won't be able to sleep and the Speciales' will pull into my driveway at 3 am and I'll be off. It's so awesome that they are actually doing this for me, I'm so close to his family, especially his Mother. We're like old friends, it's weird. I'm sure he hates it and is weirded out by it but oh well. I really didn't expect his parents to really like the idea of me going up there, but not only do they support it, they're an acting force in getting me up there! The day he left I talked to his mother about it. Just minutes after he'd pulled away (and before I fell apart) she went inside and got me 2 flyers for two hotels that were up there. Turns out that my dad came across one of those flyers and I'm actually going to stay in a really nice hotel a few days. I wonder what it's going to be like? Everyday duirng our school's "moment of silence" I've prayed that he does well on his exams, that he doesn't forget me, that he makes great friends, that he grows closer to God, and so on and so forth. I know we haven't drifted apart because we've only missed talking to eachother 2 days since he left. I'm just a little nervous about how I'm going to react. It seems I'm anticipating this a little more than he is, that scares me too. What doesn't scare me is that I know I love him, and love knows no distance. "Absence makes the heart grow fonder" and the truth of those words will be my anthem for the next 3 years or so at least. Just to be in his warm embrace is all I've wanted for the past 3 and a half months. He's been the subject of almost every post I've got in this thing. All of you who say long distance relationships can't work can suck it! Ok, that wasn't very nice but still. Never say it can't be done. The 23rd will not only be the day I see him but will also be our 4 month (insert latin prefix for month here)-versary. And there's a heck of a lot more months to come after that. The feeling of knowing someone loves you is the greatest in the world.

No comments: