Sunday, April 13, 2008

bending in the storm

I just watched Once with Annie and Mike, the usual company. I thought it was very good - a real story. Perfectly real ending, authentic till the end. I love how he bought her the piano in the end. I thought to myself, "That is such a 'Thinh' thing to do." It's because you have such a good heart, Thinh. There is no one else I know that would do that for someone but you, and it's nice to know someone who is like a character in a movie. You're my romantic-comedy movie star!

I still have been in a stunted journaling state. I haven't been able, or allowed myself, to write anything in months. I don't know what I feel anymore, or if I feel anything. I'm kind of going through the motions of living right now, counting the days until I am done student teaching. Nine more school days of lessons, 14 more of being there at 7AM until 4PM and working 30hrs a week.

I don't like the idea of graduating because my future seems so fuzzy and I don't do well with the unknown. I have not lived up to the person I wanted to be when I graduated from college. Bachelor's degree in Communication and I feel like God's biggest screw up. It's like there is something wrong with my programming. I think I've reached Maslow's self-actualization and have finally realized I am not the person I tricked myself into thinking I was. I fooled even myself! I'm a fantastic mistake. I'm not going to even attempt to explain myself. There's not much point to any of it.

The clouds are black and the storm has lasted months.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Haha thanks. I think you may give me too much credit.

I'm pretty sure you're going to busy for the next couple of weeks...but we really should get together.

A.C. said...

you should have said "spoiler alert" in your subject.
damn!

actually i watched the movie a week ago, thank god!