Tuesday, December 25, 2007

christmas passed

The greatest thing about Christmas is the giving. I gave the best gift to my mom this Christmas, and she even picked it out. I bought her a Bible. No longer the old King James version that has been on that bookshelf for as long as I can remember. It is her own New International Version. I don't think I could have given a better gift to anyone... only a few people will understand the significance of this.

Then there is the "getting" part of Christmas. So I actually made a pretty good haul. Here's the list:
  • gloves
  • shoes
  • scarf
  • vintage hat
  • vintage Spode dish (working on the hope chest!)
  • Focus Features box set: Lost in Translation, Pride and Prejudice, Eternal Sunshine, Contsant Gardner
  • Beth Moore's Get Out of That Pit
  • Elizabeth Gilbert's Eat Pray Love
  • Philipa Gregory's The Other Boleyn Girl
  • God's Promises book
  • some money (going to the Europe Fund)
The best time really was just hanging out with Anni and Steve and my mom. At the risk of sounding like a ten year old, I won't ever outgrow the wonderful joy of reading on the couch with hot cocoa in hand. Nothing beats it.

Now all the fun and games are over. It is time to work and work hard! I have Harry Potter book 7 to finish, a presentation to prepare for RA training, the GRE to study for, and two papers to edit so they are worthy for the conferences in the spring. Grad school really can't come soon enough.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

No one can ever outgrow Christmas!