Tuesday, March 08, 2005

There have been some pretty crapy things happening for me and some pretty awesome things happening for me.

So about the third week of school I decided to go to the BSM and check it out. JoAnna has been enouraging me to do so ever since I started ASU. There I formaly met Tiffany Paige, who is in 4 of my 6 classes. Turns out we have SO much in common besides our calsses: same major, formerly flagline captains, christian, even the same exact TV. It's weird, but we're really good friends now.

Also at the BSM, I was seen by Brent Hastings who introduced himself to me about a week later in the UC. He stopped and talked to me for a while and said that he had seen me at the BSM and such. I saw him often around campus for about two weeks, then this job started. On a mail run for my new job I stopped in the UC and at the Student Government table picked up an application for the Student Senate. He happened to be walking past (because the table was right in front of the Senate's office) and said "You're interensted in Student Senate?!" It just so happens he's the Student Body Vice President. He's been helping me and giving me a lot of advice on how to get involved. He wants me to go to the meetings to make sure his ParlyPro is correct and is introducing me to the rest of the senators. I knew a few of them from class, but this whole situation is looking up. Elections will start up in April, lets hope this goes a lot better than last year's student body elections.

I have this really nice new job and I'm loving my Ballet class. My boyfriend is coming home in 4 days and I couldn't be more excited. This break has been exceptionaly bad for me. So I'm trying to focus on the blessings in my life rather than the bad stuff. Well, HE is a blessing. When I'm with him, I'm beaming. My friends are my blessings... my scholarship is a blessing... the BSM is a blessing, my nephew is a blessing. No matter how bad stuff is with my job, money, my parents, I really am blessed.

No comments: