Monday, September 01, 2003

Not by any means ever can Matt replace Josh. Not only is Josh absolutely irreplaceable, but Matt is a person too. "Look, it's a Josh substitute, he's even sitting by Elizabeth!" said Nick. A wave of sadness just hit me there. This is getting really hard. Matt is very cool and not a sub, FINALLY he talks to me. I swear, I guess I was just so intimidating or something (not really) We had a lot of fun watching LOTR 2 tonight at Thinh's. What was really weird was me going to Josh's house to pick up his little brohter, I mean saying to his father "Is Matt here?" was just a little weird. The company was pretty good; 3 girls 2 boys, a "good ratio" according to Thinh's bro. The only questionable part of the evening was Thinh's brother and friends smoking illegal substances in the back room. Matt and I just looked at eachother and agreed that we didn't want our parents (who could recognize the smell easily from past experiences) smelling it on our clothes, we almost left. Good thing it didn't get too bad, it would have looked terrible me taking Matt home smelling like pot. After that Cassie, Nick, Ashlin, Matt, Thinh, and myself went out to the dock to just hang out then we made Matt drive Thinh's car around the Country Club. What are older friends for anyway? Dawn forgot us again at IHOP... she only remembers Juston's face, but thank God she didn't give us her whole life story AGAIN! Her daughter has upgraded from a B**** to a mean sweetheart. Tonight was the closest to summer nights that we've gotten since school started. It was great, but there was a big piece of me missing.

No comments: